Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Perfection Part 2

This is the follow up to the 'Perfection' Post from the other day....


The Cure for Perfection...




And this is the response I put up on the blog site....

My biggest struggle is to not lose myself in the pressure the world puts on me as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher and individual. Although, I do put a lot of pressure on myself as well.  I struggle with depression, and have done both before I have had children and after, it is not a great journey to be on but it is one a have to walk every day.


What I would say to the 'old me' would be, "You are actually fine. You are doing really well.  Get outside, go meet some people, enjoy those moments of sunshine and light. Allow yourself some time to just be happy - being happy is the best gift you can give to yourself and others. Allow time for your soul to soar and be adventurous, there is so much life out there to see and do."


I know this is not meant to be about a religion - but I have found that having a belief in God has trawled me out of some dark and dusty places. Through learning about God I have learnt more about myself - most of what I learnt wasn't good - but through realising that my life has a plan and a purpose has inspired me to keep going and to try to reach my potential.


The Perfection Article hit me right where I am at. I want to be slim and beautiful with great skin and no cellulite, but unless I sell my house to pay for these improvements, I have to work with what I have got. And what I have got is;  a God who loves me, a husband who adores me and treats me like a queen, gorgeous children who are full of life and laughter, a family who support all my cooky endeavours and allow me just be me, fabulous friends who have walked through life with me and shared their light and love and a great home where I am free to express myself and be at peace. I wouldn't swap these things to look good in a bikini. 


I have not been raped, molested, bullied, teased, belittled, abused, neglected or hurt by anyone I love. I have lead a pretty charmed life. Then why is that I have struggled with depression and obesity? Because I did not know who I was, I did not know how strong I was, I did not see that I could help myself let alone anyone else. I did not see that life is a test, a challenge, an opportunity to grow. 


It was never promised that life would be easy - lucky - because it is not. It was never promised that we would be happy - lucky because sometimes we are not - this is a choice - one we have to make dozens of times a day.






Be warned... There will be a Part 3 to this....

2 comments:

  1. Bring on part 3.... Coz part 2 was a delight. Have a link to your fabulous thoughts on my blog...I hope plenty read this one. Lovely thoughts...and so very true. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this post thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete